Bahrain 1 Racing wins ME record
Manama, April 9, 2009
Bahrain 1 Racing team has won the Middle East record and the second fastest time in the pro extreme category with quarter mile ET of 5.825 and speed of 246.82 mph at the second round of Qatar championships.
The team will now participate in the upcoming third round of the Qatar championship to be held on April 16 and 17 at the Qatar Race Club.
Lead sponsors of the team, Global Banking Corporation (GBCorp), are also confident of the team’s success at the next round of the GCC drag racing circuit.
"GBCorp is proud to be associated with one of the premier drag racing teams in the GCC,” said Ahmed Al Khan, head of investment banking at GBCorp.
“Their recent performance under the patronage of team owner Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa is highly commendable. In the sport of drag racing you just have to continue to work hard and develop in order to be successful out on the track,” he added.
“The Bahrain One team has flourished locally and is making great strides into the global racing arena, making the nation proud. GBCORP is therefore honoured to be a part of this initiative in supporting the Bahrain One team’s efforts to reinforce Bahrain’s position on the global racing map.
"We believe this is also a good opportunity to highlight our joint involvement with a special cause, which is to promote autism awareness through the Bahrain Society for Children with Behavioral and Communication Difficulties, where part of the race profits will be donated."
Bahrain 1 Racing team manager Ameer Akhtarzadeh said: “Drag Racing is a unique sport and the support of sponsors such as GBCorp is vital to our success out on the track. This applies well for the sport as a whole, and it makes us very proud to be associated with the company.
“Consistency is something my team prides itself on and we intend to continue with our winning ways in Qatar.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service