Limited edition BMW 5 Series launched
Dubai, August 24, 2009
German automaker BMW has introduced its customised limited edition BMW 5 Series with the arrival of 100 numbers of the saloon at BMW importers across the region.
The vehicles include customised bi-colour interior features, and are immediately recognisable by the limited edition insignia engraved on the start/stop button.
The car’s customised interior of bi-colour leather upholstery, available in black/nature brown and black/coral red, is complemented by the leather steering wheel designed to match the choice of seat combinations.
The limited edition’s stand out appearance is finished off with floor mats including coloured piping and door lining that matches the chosen colour combination.
The limited edition BMW 5 Series allies unique styling with the inherent driving dynamics, quality and performance expected of a BMW 5 Series.
Available in a range of engine variants - including the 520i, 523i, 525i, 530i – the limited edition models offer best-in-class fuel economy versus their respective competitors.
The power units are dynamic and powerful, for instance, the BMW 530i in-line 6 cylinder engine delivers 272 bhp and accelerates from, 0-100 km per hour in 6.3 seconds. It has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km per hour. This outstanding performance is married to a CO2 emissions level of 182 grams per kilometre.
In keeping with other BMW 5 Series, a range of innovative technologies and comfort features are available on certain 5 Series engine variants including the limited edition model to enhance the driving experience including dynamic stability control, heads-up display and iDrive.
Dynamic stability control helps to make the brake system even more effective, with the ability to apply the brakes on individual wheels or intervene in engine management in order to counteract any over- or under-steer when navigating bends.
The heads-up display gives the driver the benefit of receiving information and data particularly relevant for motoring directly in front of his eyes on the windscreen. This innovation enhances safety as the driver can check his speed without taking his attention off the road ahead.
Featured as standard equipment is iDrive control, with no less than six freely programmable memory buttons as well as an optional navigation system with voice control and full-word entry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm