BMW launches new 7 Series in Bahrain
Manama, September 9, 2009
German automaker BMW has launched its new fifth-generation 7 Series 730Li in Bahrain.
The other fifth-generation models, including the 7 Series 740Li and 750Li launched in Bahrain in 2008, have boosted BMW car sales in 2009 across the region, said a statement.
Middle East sales of the BMW 7 Series achieved 2,077 units during the first half of 2009, a 73 per cent increase on the same period in 2008, according to the report.
“The new BMW 7 Series has been immensely popular in Bahrain and has remained one of our best selling models since its launch last year, consistently contributing to our overall sales growth,” said Zayed Al Zayani, managing director of Euro Motors, exclusive importer of BMW in Bahrain.
“The new BMW 730Li model offers stylish design, outstanding performance, luxury, power and sheer driving pleasure,” he added.
The new BMW 730Li enters the Bahrain market with a six cylinder engine, a top speed of 245 km/hr and acceleration from 0-100 km/hr of 7.7 seconds.
The new 7 Series has been designed around BMW’s robust EfficientDynamics strategy - encompassing many technology innovations to offer outstanding performance and a reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
It also features the iDrive control system, the simplest and most user friendly control system in its class, with a 10.2-inch display with a high-resolution graphic presentation, enabling easy control of the car’s entertainment, information, navigation and telecommunication functions.
New safety and comfort features have been integrated into the range, including integral active steering to improve manoeuvrability and safety at low and high speeds, driving dynamic control for variable drive settings depending on road conditions and iBrake - a function that pre-tensions the braking system if the system detects a possible collision.
Active and passive warning systems such as the lane change and lane departure Warnings ensure that the driver stays within lane limits.
The BMW 7 Series also comes with a wide range of comfort touches and innovative entertainment options, including an audio system with hard-disc memory and AUX-in sleeve featured as standard.
A USB port, multi-channel audio system, DVD system in the rear, four-zone automatic air conditioning, active seat ventilation and massage seats are some of the other advanced features customers can expect in the new 7 Series. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week