Mazda3 gets 5-star safety rating
Muscat, January 2, 2010
The Mazda3 with European specifications has been awarded the maximum five-star rating by the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) in its 2009 combined safety performance test.
From 2009, Euro NCAP has implemented a new evaluation system that awards a single overall vehicle safety rating that combines the scores achieved in four areas of assessment: adult occupant protection, child protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist.
With this maximum safety rating from Euro NCAP as well as its recognition as a 2009 Top Safety Pick from the US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), Mazda3 (known as the Mazda Axela in Japan) is among the safest cars in the world, a statement said.
“Mazda3 is the second Mazda model to be awarded the maximum five-star rating under the new Euro NCAP evaluation system,” said Annurag Chawla, head of marketing and communications, Towell Auto Centre.
“The Mazda6 (Mazda Atenza) with European specifications received five stars in February 2009. Mazda models in Europe that received the highest possible five stars for adult occupant protection under the previous Euro NCAP rating system include the Mazda5 (Mazda Premacy) in September 2005 and the Mazda2 (Mazda Demio) in December 2007,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise