GM recalls 126,000 Hummer H3s
Detroit, May 5, 2010
General Motors Company is recalling about 126,130 Hummer H3 models to address the risk that part of the hood could detach from the vehicle while driving.
GM said in a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that clips holding the hood louver on some of the vehicles could break, causing the part to break loose and strike a vehicle behind the Hummer in traffic.
The recall covers 2006 through 2010 model year Hummer H3 vehicles. GM is shutting down Hummer after failing to find a buyer for the SUV brand.-Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC