Dubai group plans battery-powered truck
Dubai , July 22, 2010
Dubai-based Al Yousuf group, a diversified conglomerate, is planning to launch UAE’s first battery-powered sports utility truck.
Al Yousuf, which is the authorised dealer for Daihatsu, Daewoo and Yamaha automobiles, recently acquired US-based Phoenix Motorcars, a leading electric vehicle maker, said a report in Gulf News.
"The Phoenix SUT is a full-featured, all-electric pick-up truck that can serve as a direct, cost-efficient replacement for standard passenger cars and light-duty trucks for just $75,000,” Eqbal Al Yousuf, group president, was quoted as saying in the report.
Al Yousuf added that the group invested around Dh100 million ($27.2 million) over the past year to produce this kind of electric low-emission vehicle, according to the report.
More Motoring Stories
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha
- Land Cruiser sales up 15pc in GCC
- UAE new car sales set to top pre-crisis peak