Volkswagen launches the new Phaeton
Dubai, July 31, 2010
German automaker Volkswagen has launched the latest version of its flagship saloon, the Phaeton, offered with two wheelbases as well as two rear seating options.
The entire front end of the Phaeton, which comes with standard all-wheel drive, air suspension and 4-zone automatic climate control has been redesigned, including the standard bi-xenon headlights with LED cornering lights, a statement said.
The new saloon features new LED rear lights, a new brake system and the dynamic light assist (camera-based, dynamic main beam control) system being introduced in a saloon for the first time. The navigation system also integrates online data in the map display upon request.
An optional front camera the Phaeton “sees” traffic signs; speed limit signs are visualised in the instrument cluster and the central touch-screen of the centre console.
The system is the first in the world to recognise and display no-passing zone markings, the statement added.
“The launch of the new Volkswagen Phaeton model will offer the elite class of motoring enthusiasts in the Middle East a whole new exclusive experience,” said Stefan Mecha, managing director of Volkswagen Middle East.
“This is the most fully-fledged luxury sedan from Volkswagen and we are confident that the new Phaeton would have all the answers when it comes to elegant design, advanced technologies and safety features.”
On the drive side, three petrol engines will be available in the Middle East. The six, eight and twelve cylinder engines cover a power range extending from 206 kW /280 hp to 331 kW /450 hp.
The six-cylinder petrol engine in the Phaeton is a V6 direct-injection engine (FSI with 206 kW /280 hp). At the power levels above the V6 FSI, a V8 and a W12 petrol engine are available (246 kW /335 hp and 331 kW/450 hp).
Joining the left and right sides of the grille are the newly developed bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED indicator lights and LED cornering lights. The new bumper design complements the radiator grille and headlight styling, the statement said.
The interior features a draft-free 4-zone climate control system and 18-way seats. As an alternative to the version with three rear seats (5-seater), the saloon may be ordered with two electrically adjustable individual seats as an option (4-seater). The Phaeton is also available in an extended chauffeur version that is 120 millimetres longer.
The navigation system, which features an 8-inch touch-screen control, forms one functional unit with the climate control and multimedia controls. In the new Phaeton, Volkswagen is offering − for the first time – an Internet-based Google function as a supplement to the map display of the RNS 810 radio-navigation system with 30 Gigabyte hard drive.
The telephone is fully integrated in the system via remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP). If a user wants to use a mobile phone with hands-free profile (HFP) as an alternative (e.g. the iPhone), this is also possible in the new Phaeton (in this case, Google is not activated).
The new Phaeton is now available through all Volkswagen partners across the Middle East, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme