Tasjeel launches new initiative
Dubai, August 14, 2010
Tasjeel, an Enoc and Roads Transport Authority (RTA) joint venture offering vehicle testing and registration services, has launched its annual initiative aimed at raising funds for people in need this Ramadan.
Under the 'Dirham wa’Bas' initiative Tasjeel will donate Dh1 ($0.272) from every car registration fee towards the local charity organisation Beit Al Khair Society, which provides financial support to orphans and underprivileged people in the UAE.
The initiative follows the success of last year’s campaign which raised Dh100,000, a statement said.
“Enoc Tasjeel is committed to supporting disadvantaged people by working closely with local and international charity organisations,” said Ayas Bin Hendi, general manager of Enoc Tasjeel.
“Last year’s campaign brought hope to many orphans and people in need. This year we aim to raise further funds to support more individuals and make a bigger difference,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain