GM to unveil 2 crossovers at Abu Dhabi show
Dubai, November 24, 2010
GM will be unveiling and showcasing two crossovers at the upcoming Abu Dhabi International Motor Show: the Terrain and the Acadia Denali.
The Abu Dhabi International Motor Show is taking place from December 7 to 11.
The 2011 Terrain is a crossover combining bold styling with a smooth ride delivered through a powerful and economic engine giving it segment-leading fuel efficiency, a statement said.
The Terrain has the bold design of a GM SUV, with the commanding outward view that many customers appreciate. The Terrain’s front end, with squared-off edges and flared fenders, appeals to those who want something stronger looking than the typical “soft road” vehicle.
“We’re continuing to build on the successful formula of taking the bold styling, premium features and functionality our customers have come to expect from our full-size truck products and creating smaller vehicles to appeal to a broader audience in the Middle East,” said Luay Alshurafa, regional brand manager for GM in the Middle East.
When equipped with the new 2.4L direct injected Ecotec engine and six-speed automatic transmission, the Terrain is EPA-rated at a segment-leading 7.35 liters per 100km on the highway (FWD model) – giving the crossover best-in-class fuel economy. The 3.0L direct injected V-6 engine is EPA-rated at 9.4 liters per 100km on the highway (also the FWD model), thereby also beating out some of the competition.
In terms of safety, the Terrain comes with a standard rear-vision camera, allowing the driver to view objects and people directly behind the vehicle.
The Terrain comes with a 10 GB hard-drive, standard USB audio connectivity and MP3 playback, both of which can be controlled from the radio or the optional steering wheel controls. It also features a rear-seat entertainment system, with two independent screens and inputs, allowing one viewer to watch a movie while the other plays a video game.
The Terrain also comes with a programmable lift-gate which can be set for a lower height. The driver can remotely start the vehicle to automatically cool down on a hot afternoon.
“The Acadia Denali is as uncompromising on luxury as it is on safety. It is a testament to outstanding quality and safety measures, making it the obvious choice for customers after a luxury ride without any implications to their safety,” said Luay Alshurafa, regional brand manager for GM in the Middle East.
The new premium Denali model comes with a chrome honeycomb grille, monochromatic exterior colour, exclusive fascias, high-intensity discharge headlamps and unique interior features that have made the Denali such a hit.
Like all Acadia models, it is powered by a 3.6L V-6 VVT engine that uses gasoline direct injection technology to optimise performance and fuel economy. The engine is paired with Acadia’s fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmission and capable of towing up to 2364 kg.
It also comes with 20-inch, two-tone chrome-clad wheels. The six-spoke wheels feature black chrome spoke inserts set against bright chrome. It is offered in the following outstanding exterior colors: red jewel tricoat, carbon black metallic, quicksilver metallic, dark blue metallic, summit white, gold mist metallic, cyber gray metallic, medium brown metallic, white trident tricoat and gray green metallic.
The interior of the Acadia Denali has perforated leather seats, matching leather door panel trim and the steering wheel is leather-wrapped with mahogany wood inserts and a wood grain finish on the instrument panel and center stack, while the foot-wells are accented with subtle lighting.
Further, the new Acadia Denali includespremium acoustics, with laminated glass and liquid applied sound deadeners, dual SkyScape sunroof system, with sliding front sunroof and fixed rear section.
GM will also be showcasing the 2011 Yukon and the Seirra Denali at this year’s event.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service