Famco launces new Volvo truck
Dubai, December 15, 2010
Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company) today announced the launch of the new Volvo FMX truck in association with Volvo Group.
Famco, a member of the Al-Futtaim group, is the sole distributor for Volvo trucks and buses and Volvo construction equipment in the UAE.
With feedback from drivers providing the inspiration for many of the new features on the new Volvo FMX, Volvo has developed the successful, well-proven FM truck still further, leaving the celebrated driveline from the current FM platform intact, said a statement.
The most obvious change with the new, high-clearance Volvo FMX is its robust, modern exterior. With a new upper grill, aggressive lower front, 3-part steel bumper with 3mm thick steel corners, rugged skid plate and protective bull bar, this is a tough truck designed for demanding road conditions.
For additional functionality, the Volvo FMX also features a powerful tow hook and headlamp mesh protection.
The new Volvo FMX has been designed for superior driveline performance. Based on the highly reputed FM platform, well known for its reliability in demanding applications around the world, the new truck offers exceptional driveline performance based on the power and efficiency of the 11-litre engine (330 to 450hp) or the 13-litre engine (380 to 500hp).
The recently updated construction version of the I-Shift gearbox makes it possible to ‘rock free’ from almost any situation. In addition, a new load sensor sends precise load weight information to I-Shift for an optimal gear sequence and smooth gear start. Massive braking power (375kw at 2300rpm) is provided by Volvo Engine Brake Plus.
It is expected that the newly enhanced Volvo FMX truck will substantially increase Famco’s business in the UAE for heavy transport from construction to agriculture and road transport, the statement said.
Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco, stresses that Famco’s relationship with Volvo is built on respect and mutual understanding, based on a strong desire to meet the individuality of customers’ requirements.
”We are delighted to join hands with Volvo Trucks for the launch of the new Volvo FMX. With all the improvements in the new truck, a full range of chassis configurations to choose from, and a strong service support package, we are convinced that our existing customers will become even more satisfied. We also have high expectations that the new truck will attract many new customers.”
Staffan Jufors, president and CEO, Volvo Trucks, said: “Today Volvo Trucks has a solid position within heavy transport in demanding conditions across many markets.
”The new, purposely-engineered Volvo FMX exudes confidence, reflecting its capabilities inside and out. A quick glance at this truck and its powerful stance immediately reveals the close connection between Volvo Trucks and our sister company, Volvo Construction Equipment, among the world leaders in dumpers, excavators and wheel-loaders,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain