BMW names new managing director
Dubai, April 20, 2011
BMW Group Middle East has appointed Dr Joerg Breuer as its new managing director, who will assume his new role as of May 1 from Phil Horton, who moves to managing director for BMW Group Australia.
During his more than 15 years experience within the BMW Group, Breuer fulfilled a number of key roles in senior management, planning and strategy and corporate communications, having previously worked in Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and Thailand.
Breuer was head of sales for Region West in the German market, one of the BMW Group’s most influential regions and prior to that held the central role of department head of strategy, planning and steering corporate communication.
“Taking over the role of Managing Director for BMW Group Middle East presents a new and exciting opportunity - I look forward to working closely with the team and business partners across the region to build on our success,” said Dr Joerg Breuer.
“We have a number of exciting new model launches planned for the rest of this year that include the BMW 6 Series Coupé, the BMW 1 Series M Coupé, BMW M5 and the MINI Coupé, so I've arrived at an exciting time when the company is poised to further strengthen its performance across the region,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm