Famco secures key Volvo certification
Dubai, May 31, 2011
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), the exclusive partners of Volvo in the UAE, has been awarded the Volvo Silver Partnership Certificate.
The certificate was awarded by Volvo Construction Equipment at its global dealership summit in Shanghai.
Famco is one of the very few companies in the world to have achieved the silver status which indicates that the dealership has met the majority of Volvo’s rigorous standards. Volvo is yet to award any distributor globally with the Gold status.
The Silver Partnership award comes close on the heels of the company winning the ‘Material Handling Provider of the Year – 2011’ award at the Scata ceremony in Dubai earlier this month.
The Volvo Partnership monitor is a process of continuous improvement and tracks dealers performance measured on various parameters and identifies areas of improvement. The performances of dealers are assessed annually to ensure that standards are maintained.
“Achievement of this certification is a clear statement that Famco has been judged to have not only developed rigorous operational and customer centric management systems, but also to have implemented these systems effectively across all Famco operations in the UAE,” said Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker