Bahrain motor show postponed to Dec
Manama, September 19, 2011
The first of two motor shows for new models set to take place in Bahrain this year has been postponed until December, said organisers.
The Bahrain Motor Show 2011, run by ProAct, was scheduled to take place at the Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Centre last week but has been pushed back at the request of participating car manufacturers.
The manufacturers wanted to ensure the newest models will be available for the event and requested the postponement, said ProAct co-ordinator Ahmed Stewart.
The show, originally scheduled to last six days, has also been shortened to four from December 22 to 25.
However, it will carry on the same format as initially planned.
The commercial event is expected to attract private companies such as mortgage firms, service providers and Tamkeen-sponsored enterprises to take part in a business-to-business format.
It is being held under the patronage of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
A separate event, the third biennial Bahrain International Motor Show being run by Auto Collection, is scheduled to take place on November 3.
Originally due to take place in March, the four-day event was postponed in the wake of the unrest.
It is expected to draw up to 30,000 people.
The event, being held at the Bahrain International Circuit, will feature live track displays such as monster trucks and stunt bikes as well as exhibition activities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise