Hyundai to display concept cars
Dubai, November 9, 2011
Juma Al Majid, the sole distributor of Hyundai Motor in the UAE, will showcase its modern premium concept cars, Veloster and Genesis Prada, at the Dubai International Motor Show (DIMS) to be held from November 10 to 14.
The event will take place at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, a statement from the company said.
Seung Tack Kim, senior executive VP, Hyundai, said: “At this year’s Dubai Motor Show, it gives us great pleasure to unveil the latest additions to Hyundai’s diverse lineup, each being a great example of the “New Thinking, New Possibilities.” Each innovation is making very clear that Hyundai is now an innovator in the automotive industry, because we don’t follow tradition, we make our own.”
Khaled Issa, COO of Juma Al Majid Group, said: “It is the very insignia of Hyundai that captures the core of what will be on display this year. New thinking and new possibilities are what have inspired the engineering feats that we are witnessing in the new models this year – from the Genesis Prada to the Veloster - making luxury a consumer right.”
Teaming up with Prada to release a special edition luxury sedan to the segment; the Genesis Prada combines the sophistication of the Italian fashion house, with its attention to detail and insurmountable quality, with Hyundai’s advanced technology and expertise to provide the truly unique model, a statement from the company said.
Featuring the award-winning Tau 5.0 GDi engine, the vehicle delivers peak power of 430ps and a maximum torque of 52.0 kgm, with an eight-speed transmission. Coming in three special edition colours, black nero, blue baltico and brown moro, the award-winning car – including 2009 North American Car of the Year – features Prada’s signature top quality ‘saffiano’ leather with a sophisticated finish.
Riding on 19-inch alloy wheels, offset by dark chrome trim, the roof features a shark-fin antenna and is marked with GP500 emblem that highlights the exclusivity of the car. Veloster is a compact sports car which is efficient and high in power with a modern design. The functional 3-door vehicle is packed with the best-in-class accents and features. Shifting gears on 6-speed ecoshift dual clutch transmission, with paddle shifters for smooth and effective power, the vehicle runs on 1.6L gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine – both strong and efficient - generating 138 horsepower and delivering up to 40 Hwy MPG, which means better fuel economy for its owners, Issa added.
“The engineering capabilities and the ground-breaking revelations, which the brand has uncovered on its journey to go beyond what is possible, have inspired the genius’ at Hyundai to really go above and beyond this time. We are absolutely certain that our customers will stand and take note,” said Issa.
The company will also showcase the all-new 2012 Azera. Hyundai continues to develop all segments with its dynamic ‘fluid sculpture’ designs and unrivalled power train package in the Sonata, Elantra and Accent.
“Hyundai’s model mix gives customers a chance to drive smart sophisticated vehicles that are redefining the meaning of attainable luxury,” concluded Issa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm