BMW recalls 1.3 million vehicles worldwide
Frankfurt, March 26, 2012
German luxury car maker BMW AG said on Monday it is recalling about 1.3 million vehicles worldwide for repair due to potential problems with the mounting of a battery cable cover, a report said.
The recall covers all BMW 5 and 6 Series models built between 2003 and 2010, some 290,000 of which are on the roads in Germany, said the Wall Street Journal online report.
The company said the affected cars could face electrical system malfunctioning, the vehicle failing to start and, in some cases, charring or fire.
The company said the measure is a safety one, and the repair service would be free for customers and would take about half-an-hour at authorised dealers.
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success