Euro Motors launches all-new BMW 320i
Manama, July 5, 2012
Euro Motors, the sole dealer of BMW in Bahrain, launched the all-new BMW 3 Series sedan with a third engine variant – the BMW 320i.
Paul Yates, general manager, Euro Motors said: "The BMW 3 Series has been riding the wave of success ever since its launch 37 years ago – in fact, every third BMW sold in 2011 was a 3 Series. It is therefore a very important model for Euro Motors, and by adding an additional engine variant, we expect to achieve even greater success.”
Customers can now choose from two powerful TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder engines: 320i, 328i and the six-cylinder 335i; that all come with an eight-speed automatic gearbox and TwinPower Turbo engines technology, offering more EfficientDynamics technology to make the new 3 Series more fuel efficient, he added.
The new car is first BMW model to be available with three different lines: Modern, Sport and Luxury – three distinctive design personalities for the exterior and interior. Within each line, customers can choose a number of exclusive finishes and equipment variants to suit their taste.
The new design elements include a new BMW face, with flat headlights reaching along as far as the BMW kidney grille. This emphasises the elegantly dynamic design of the new BMW 3 Series, which has increased in length (+93mm), width (front +37mm, rear +47mm) and wheelbase (+50mm) compared to the predecessor model.
The all-new 3 series offers numerous BMW ConnectedDrive technology features such as Rear-View camera and Park Assistant – a system that takes on the search for a parking space as well as the parking.
Owners of select BlackBerry smart phones can also access the phone's windows office function via the operating system iDrive. This new Bluetooth interface that integrates the BlackBerry device into the vehicle allows e-mails and calendar entries to be received and displayed on the Control Display and even read out through an optional voice output function.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming also allows the driver to listen to music from an audio player or mobile phone without the need for a cable.
The new BMW 320i includes iDrive along with an 8.8-inch or 6.5-inch screen. There is also an automatic sliding and tilting glass sunroof in addition to BMW EfficientDynamics technology that includes the new Driving Experience Control switch with four driving programmes allowing the driver to choose between sporty, ultra sporty, comfortable and economical Eco Pro mode. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva