Saudi car sales to top 1 million units in 2018
Jeddah, September 11, 2012
New-car sales in Saudi Arabia are projected to cross one million units in 2018 in view of the rapid trade and economic expansion in the Kingdom, according to a study.
Major projects underway in various regions of the kingdom and several other special factors underpin stable and continued growth in Saudi Arabia, distinguishing it from the neighbouring countries, the study said.
Conducted by Specialized Systems for Exhibitions and Conference (EXCS), the study forecast continued rapid growth of the Middle East car market, particularly in the luxury car sector where sales are expected to rise by 15 per cent in 2012 compared to 9 per cent in 2011.
EXCS will host the 6th edition of Luxury Motor Show at the Hilton Hotel in Jeddah from November 6 to 8.
“This year's show will embrace the world's latest, most luxurious and expensive cars, some displayed for the first time in Saudi Arabia,” said Abdullah Alshemasi, director general of EXCS.
The previous five editions of the Luxury Motor Show were hugely successful and higher sales are expected this time around in view of rising demand from expectations of market recovery, he said
"We expect high-class participation again this year since the show is dedicated to an elite and carefully selected audience seeking the latest and most distinctive products from the automotive world,” Alshemasi said.
Saudia Private Aviation (SPA) is sponsoring the Luxury Motor Show. Confirmed participants include Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Lexus, Lamborghini, McLaren, BMW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Aston Martin, Porsche, Centennial, Viewmotion and Moda Car. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers