Al Futtaim reports 32pc sales increase in 2012
Dubai, February 12, 2013
Al Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE, has announced a 32 per cent year-on-year sales increase in 2012.
“Performance in 2012 exceeded our expectations with significant year-on-year growth across all vehicle categories and most models,” said Simon Frith, managing director, Al Futtaim Motors.
“Eighteen of our 24 vehicles increased their sales volumes boosting growth across the passenger, light commercial vehicle and SUV categories by 8.1 per cent, 60.7 per cent and 37.6 per cent respectively.”
“The UAE represents a very important and strategic market for Toyota and we will continue our drive to exceed customer expectations across all seven emirates by pushing the boundaries of our presales and after sales functions to further heighten the quality of our customers’ holistic experience and cement the brand’s affinity with our diverse audiences,” added Frith.
Toyota’s Prado model outclassed its competitors with a 51 per cent increase in sales compared to the previous year while the RAV4, that recently unveiled its 2013 version, saw an increase of 18.4 per cent helping Toyota’s overall SUV product portfolio grow by a total of 37.6 per cent, a statement from the company said.
In the passenger segment, Toyota’s Corolla vehicle grew by 13.2 per cent in 2012. The star performer in the LCV category was the Hilux which came from an already high base to grow a further 71.3 per cent.
“This success is due to hard work by all our staff and a very strategic and long-term investment plan which became quite evident in the fourth quarter last year with the launch of our prestigious new Sheikh Zayed Road showroom and the opening of our flagship 3S facility in Al Badia, Dubai Festival City designed to reinvent the automotive services sector,” said Frith.
“We will continue our efforts to maintain Toyota brand’s leadership in the UAE through a combination of excellent customer service, the introduction of value-added, innovative and cost effective services, network expansion, new product offering and a two-pronged marketing and sponsorship strategy that keeps loyal customers engaged while reaching out to new audiences.”
In 2012, Toyota introduced a range of new and re-designed models in the UAE which included highlights like the Toyota 86 and the new, redesigned 2012 Aurion. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer