‘Ferrari Racing Days’ makes ME debut
Abu Dhabi, February 19, 2013
Ferrari has announced the Middle East debut of ‘Ferrari Racing Days’, promising thrilling track action for owners of the non-competitive Formula one single seater and XX cars, and a F1 Exhibition open to the public.
Set to be held from March 7 to 9, the wheel-to-wheel extravaganza will witness a total of 17 cars navigating the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi, organised by the Ferrari Corse clienti (customer racing) department.
Exclusively designed for F1 clienti, the event will provide enthusiasts from the region with the first-ever chance to view in action the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Asia Pacific series, a statement from Ferrari said.
Featuring the 458 - the mid-rear V8 Berlinetta derived from the 458 Italia and the fifth model used by Ferrari in its one-make racing series, the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli, now in its 20th year, is highly popular as it brings to the race track novices as well as experienced competitive drivers, the statement said.
The amateurs have Coppa Shell with a separate classification and final title, while the experts race in the Trofeo Pirelli for the coveted trophy, it said. This balance in the races avoids a one-sided contest and allows expert competitors as well as gentleman drivers to participate on equal terms.
Giulio Zauner, general manager, Ferrari Middle East and Africa, said: “The Ferrari Racing Days is held at prominent circuits around the world equipped with the latest safety solutions. We are delighted to host its Middle East debut in the Yas Marina circuit, which has witnessed four Grand Prix.”
“An overwhelming number of Ferrari owners from the region and across the world have signed up for the event. Hosting the Racing Days at this classic venue reiterates Ferrari’s commitment to our exclusive clients in the region. We are confident the event will set a benchmark for motorsport activities in the Middle East.”
A unique exhibition from one of Scuderia Ferrari’s official test driver, Marc Gene, will serve as a key highlight of the event, the statement said.
In addition to showcasing 12 599XX and two FXX, the XX programme will feature three F1. Ferrari Racing Days will see owners of the exclusive models put their machines through the paces at the Ferrari Club Challenge.
Tickets are priced for entry into the grand stand at Dh25 ($6.8) per person and children below 11 years enter free.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will also be a participant at the Ferrari Racing Days to celebrate the marque’s passion for racing, it said. The world’s first and only Ferrari-themed park will kick-start momentum to the event from March 1 at the ‘Scuderia Challenge’. In a contest held over seven days, the fastest on each day will win a ‘Hot Lap’ on the Yas Marina Circuit - an experience of true performance, control and exhilaration in a Ferrari driven by a professional driver, it said.
In September 2012 at the Silverstone circuit in the UK, a Guinness World Record of the largest parade of 964 Ferrari cars was set. In a three car grid, the car trail extended 3.66 miles on the Grand Prix circuit. Previous record holders for such feats include Silverstone with 385 cars in 2007 and Fuji circuit with 490 Ferrari cars in 2008. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service