Mini ME launches all-new GP model
Manama, March 4, 2013
Mini Middle East has announced the regional launch of the limited–edition Mini John Cooper Works GP, the fastest production model ever built under the nameplate of the British premium brand.
With its 1.6-litre turbo engine, bespoke suspension and race car looks, this nifty world-first is limited to 2,000 units worldwide, with limited numbers available at Mini showrooms in Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar, a statement from the company said.
Extensively equipped with Mini John Cooper Works motor sport technology, this two-seater Mini boasts outstanding performance to match its sporty looks. Powered by an extensively modified four-cylinder turbo engine capable of developing 218 hp, with adjustable coil over suspension and an extra-powerful sports brake system, this model is set to impress. It is also one of the lightest sports cars in its class, the statement said.
The ‘GP’ in the model’s title stands for Grand Prix, and with a record-breaking acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds. Its responsive power and revving ability with its 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine are reflected by dazzling racetrack performance figures.
The race car feel of the Mini is enhanced by the interior ambience of the model which (partly due to the absence of a rear seats) is focused entirely on the needs of the driver and the passenger.
Sarah Klippert, Mini Manager, BMW Group Middle East, said: "This is the most extreme Mini yet – more focused and aggressive than the original Mini John Cooper Works GP of 2006. Not only will it offer customers a chance to own the fastest model in the Mini family, but it will also allow them to experience the unadulterated transfer of motor sport expertise into everyday driving excitement.”
A limited number of Mini John Cooper Works GP models are available at Euro Motor, the exclusive BMW Group importer in Bahrain. The Mini John Cooper Works engine with optional automatic transmission is now available on all Mini models including the Mini Hatch, Mini Cabrio, Mini Clubman, Mini Countryman, Mini Coupé and Mini Roadster. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners