Thrifty adds safer vehicles to fleet
Dubai, April 22, 2013
UAE-based Thrifty Car Rental, a franchisee of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group and one of the largest car rental firms in the Middle East, has added a large fleet of 2013 Volkswagen Passat and Jetta vehicles across the Emirates.
The programme entails fleet additions of VW vehicles throughout the current year, a statement from the company said.
Rahul Singh, general manager, Thrifty Car Rental, said: “According to Thrifty’s customer feedback, after price, renters in the United UAE are most concerned with safety when choosing their cars to rent. We decided to go with the best option available and that’s by the German manufacturer Volkswagen. The response from both individuals and corporates has been overwhelmingly positive for these cars.”
The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta and Passat were given top safety pick in the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. The models ranked high in moderate and small overlap front test results, side impact test results, roof strength and rear crash protection/head restraint ratings, the statement said.
Thrifty Car Rental will showcase its new safety-minded vehicles amongst its complete portfolio at this year’s Arabian Travel Market, taking place at the Dubai World Trade Center from May 6 to 9.
Thrifty franchises from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Kuwait, Turkey, Libya and Morocco as well as corporate representatives from Europe, will attend the high profile trade show to showcase their complete service offerings in their respective countries to the regional and international consumers.
Sam Eltibi, executive director for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group in Mena & Asia Pacific, said: “We are committed to reinforcing our reputation as the region’s premier automotive rental companies. Participating in trade show events such as Arabian Travel Market is important to showcase our presence in the car rental industry and compete in a very demanding and challenging market.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners