‘The Run’ comes to Yas, Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, June 27, 2013
About 30 international supercar owners and enthusiasts will roll into Abu Dhabi for a luxury road adventure in October.
The inaugural ‘Run To Yas’, a five-day adventure is set to take place ahead of November’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said a statement.
Taking inspiration from the ‘Run to Monaco’, The Run To Yas will start in Muscat, on October 29 and cross some of the region’s best driving roads en route to a Yas Marina Circuit finish on November 2, it said.
With two veteran F1 drivers, including ex-world champion Damon Hill, the event’s fleet of Ferraris, Bugattis and Maseratis will experience a sampling of Abu Dhabi’s finest hotels, restaurants and cultural activities on a route devised by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Yas Marina Circuit.
TCA Abu Dhabi and Yas Marina Circuit also announced plans to launch a global competition to find the official ‘Run To Yas’ correspondent, said the statement.
Taking the passenger seat as the Yas Marina Circuit co-driver, the correspondent will file daily ‘life on the road’ reports throughout the journey and receive an all-expenses paid weekend at the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race