‘The Run’ comes to Yas, Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, June 27, 2013
About 30 international supercar owners and enthusiasts will roll into Abu Dhabi for a luxury road adventure in October.
The inaugural ‘Run To Yas’, a five-day adventure is set to take place ahead of November’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said a statement.
Taking inspiration from the ‘Run to Monaco’, The Run To Yas will start in Muscat, on October 29 and cross some of the region’s best driving roads en route to a Yas Marina Circuit finish on November 2, it said.
With two veteran F1 drivers, including ex-world champion Damon Hill, the event’s fleet of Ferraris, Bugattis and Maseratis will experience a sampling of Abu Dhabi’s finest hotels, restaurants and cultural activities on a route devised by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Yas Marina Circuit.
TCA Abu Dhabi and Yas Marina Circuit also announced plans to launch a global competition to find the official ‘Run To Yas’ correspondent, said the statement.
Taking the passenger seat as the Yas Marina Circuit co-driver, the correspondent will file daily ‘life on the road’ reports throughout the journey and receive an all-expenses paid weekend at the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service