Jaguar Land Rover Mena sales grow 40pc
Dubai, July 21, 2013
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover has recorded year on year (YOY) sales growth of 40 per cent across the Mena region during the first quarter of the 2013 fiscal year ended June.
The figures represent a strong start to the fiscal year and include a record breaking month for sales in May, said a company statement.
Land Rover demonstrated its growing popularity in the region with a YOY increase of 43 per cent, mainly due to the success of the new Range Rover.
Other key sales performers were the Range Rover Evoque and the Land Rover LR4, which went up by 28 per cent and 17 per cent respectively.
Sales of the Jaguar XF increased by 45 per cent, along with the Jaguar F-Type, which stimulated a sharp sales incline across the region during its May start of sales campaign. Both brands delivered significant growth in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Robin Colgan, managing director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena, said: “Our strong sales performance over the last quarter is a reflection of how significant this region is to the Jaguar Land Rover brand globally. The resounding success of Jaguar’s highly anticipated two-seater sports car, the F-Type and the critical acclaim received for the all-new Range Rover have in no small part been instrumental in this phenomenal growth.”
“We expect to see further growth moving forward into the year with the imminent start of sales for the All-New Range Rover Sport, our most dynamic Land Rover yet,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service