Cadillac July sales rise 29pc in Mideast
Dubai, August 15, 2013
Sales of Cadillac, General Motors’ luxury brand, rose 29 per cent in the Middle East year-on-year in July, as dealers recorded their best ever sales for the ATS and their best July sales month for the SRX.
Cadillac sales in Saudi Arabia, the brand’s largest market in the region, rose 27 per cent year-on-year, while figures in the United Arab Emirates increased 41 per cent.
Sales of the recently launched all-new Cadillac ATS, the brand’s entry into the world’s most significant luxury car segment, more than doubled from June. Figures for the SRX, Cadillac’s best-selling model in the region, climbed 20 per cent year-on-year.
Meanwhile, sales of the Escalade, the Middle East’s most popular full-size SUV, rose 12 per cent year-on-year.
Year-to-date, Cadillac sales are up 3 per cent compared to the same period in 2012.
“Cadillac continues to perform well in 2013 in the region,” said Nadim Ghrayeb, Cadillac regional brand manager for the Middle East.
“Looking ahead to the rest of the year, I am confident that Cadillac will reach more milestones as it competes with other premium brands in terms of design, performance and technology.”
Cadillac recorded its best second quarter sales performance since 2008 this year, building on record sales in 2012.
The Cadillac Escalade was ranked highest in the Large Premium CUV segment in the recent 2013 J D Power and Associates Initial Quality Study for the fourth consecutive year.
In June, the 2013 ATS model was granted the Best Medium Luxury Car by one of the Middle East’s leading auto publications, Automobile Magazine and its related TV program which airs on Future TV. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week