Toyota Australia exports 1 millionth car to ME
Dubai, October 1, 2013
Toyota Australia has exported its one millionth vehicle to the Middle East recently.
The company has been supplying Camry and Aurion vehicles to the region since 1996, said a statement from Al Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE.
“We recently received an award for contributing to the one millionth Camry exported to the Middle East by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia. We are very proud for playing a major role in this and thankful for our customers’ continued trust in Toyota” said Alan Carpenter, general manager Sales and Marketing, Al-Futtaim Motors.
“Camry is one of our best performing vehicles within our fleet business and makes up a significant percentage of our corporate sales. Being one of the most favoured cars among taxi companies, the car has proven great reliability after being subjected to high mileage and long driving hours” he added.
Last year, Toyota Australia exported 72,899 Camry and Aurion vehicles. Of these approximately 97 per cent of vehicles were sent to the GCC countries. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain