McLaren chief test driver unveils supercar
Manama, November 5, 2013
McLaren Automotive’s chief test driver unveiled the groundbreaking McLaren P1 at the Dubai International Motor Show today (November 5).
The show is taking place at the Dubai World Trade Centre till November 9, with Goodwin at the event to meet McLaren P1 customers.
He talks about his involvement in making this next generation supercar a reality and why he believes it will give drivers the closest ever experience to that of getting behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car.
“The McLaren P1 is the result of extensive research, development and testing by the team working around the world. During my time with McLaren, I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to drive many of the cars the team has built, and the McLaren P1 is the only road car I have ever driven that comes close to what these focused track racers are capable of.
“The IPAS powertrain provides not only power that will blow you away, but it is available instantly. The RaceActive Chassis Control suspension system is a breakthrough in technology so that the 903 bhp can be complimented with superb handling.”
McLaren is also showcasing its 12C and 12C Spider models at the show, the first time the full McLaren range is being shown together in the region.
Ian Gorsuch, regional director for Middle East and Africa, said: “Having Chris with us in Dubai allows people to hear the lengths we have gone to in creating the McLaren P1. He is arguably one of the finest test drivers in the automotive industry, and has been racing with McLaren GT in the 12C GT3.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer