Bahrain airport in new safety vehicles deal
Manama, January 18, 2014
Two new state-of-the-art safety vehicles will be added to a fleet of six already serving Bahrain International Airport (BIA) as part of a BD1.3 million deal announced yesterday.
The announcement, which came during a signing ceremony on the sidelines of the Bahrain International Airshow, will see AMA Motors Group provide Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) with two additional aircraft rescue and fire-fighting vehicles on behalf of Austria-based fire services company Rosenbauer.
The "rapid intervention vehicles" will serve as replacements for two existing vehicles which will be used for training purposes, said BAC chief executive Mohammed Yousif Al Binfalah.
"We strive to manage BIA as a leading airport and elevating safety measures is among our core objectives," he said.
"This agreement signing is testament to our commitment to equip the airport with cutting-edge safety solutions and implement globally-required measures.
"We are the first and last impression for many visitors to Bahrain and we work hard to serve the travelling public with air travel that's both secure and convenient," Al Binfalah said.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain airport |
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers