Patrol drives Nissan Gulf sales up 58pc
Dubai, January 31, 2014
Auto major Nissan has sold 2,249 Nissan Patrols across the GCC during December last year, posting an increase of 58 per cent compared to 2012, representing an SUV market segment share of 28 per cent.
The result represents a monthly sales record for the sixth generation of Patrol since it was introduced in 2010 and strengthens Nissan's ambition to achieve a sales target of 20,000 Nissan Patrols across the GCC for the current financial year, rising to 30,000 by the end of 2016, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Nissan Patrol has been in high demand since it was introduced to the Middle East in the 1950s," Nissan Middle East managing director Samir Cherfan said.
"Now in its sixth generation, it has become a part of the region's fabric, a vital pillar of our business and a focus of our activities," he added.
Last year it achieved a Guinness World Record for "Heaviest aircraft pulled by any production vehicle", helping to spread awareness of this exceptional vehicle.
"Nissan Patrol's sales success is due to demand spreading beyond its traditional customer base and out into the broader population of the Middle East," Nissan Middle East brand manager for SUV and crossover Katib Belkhodja said.
"The fusion of off-road capabilities, premium features and world-leading technology is being appreciated by an increasing number of the region's car buying public.
"With the enhancements provided by the new model year, we are confident its sales momentum will continue."
The Nissan Patrol was developed specifically with the Middle East in mind and over 13,000 hours were invested by Nissan engineers in testing prototypes in the region before its 2010 launch.
That tradition has been continued for the 2014 model with customer feedback being taken into consideration when deciding on enhancements.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer