Aramco for strategic technology
Riyadh, August 11, 2007
Saudi Aramco and Schlumberger are jointly developing new borehole gravity metering (BHGM) technology to measure the movement of deep-reservoir fluids at a precision scale never before attained.
"Saudi Aramco is actively pursuing the development of strategic technologies and tools for reservoir surveillance and monitoring," says Amin H Nasser, vice-president of Petroleum Engineering and Development at Saudi Aramco.
"Collaboration with service providers is one of our approaches to develop next-generation tools that meet our needs."
The development project will be executed by a technical team comprised of researchers from Saudi Aramco's EXPEC ARC and Schlumberger, according to a report of Saudi Aramco's website.
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice