PetroRabigh resumes refining operations
Riyadh, October 25, 2010
Saudi-based Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (PetroRabigh) said on Monday its oil refining units had resumed work after a power outage halted operations.
Petrochemical operations are also being prepared to resume work, the company said in a statement on the Saudi bourse website.
The company had said on Sunday most operations were interrupted due to a power outage on Saturday. It gave no details then.
PetroRabigh is a joint-venture between Saudi Aramco and Japan's Sumitomo Chemical and it has three polyethylene units at its giant petrochemical complex in Rabigh, located on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. -Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Taqa targets $20m savings with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project