Oman crude output increases 3pc
Dubai, September 26, 2011
Oman's crude oil production rose three per cent in the first seven months of this year compared to the same period a year ago, the Sultanate's finance ministry data showed.
Oman produced 164.28 million barrels of crude in the period from January 1 to July 31, with average daily production rising to 878,100 barrels per day (bpd) from 858,800 bpd in the same period of 2010.
The average Omani crude sales price during the first seven months of the year rose 29pc from $77.52/bbl in the January to July period of 2010 to $100.01/bbl in 2011, the government said.
The sultanate's exports fell to 153.62m barrels, down 0.5pc from the 154.45m barrels exported in the year ago period.
Sharp falls in sales volumes to Japan, Thailand, Taiwan and Singapore were nearly cancelled out by much higher sales to India, South Korea and China.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd