Saudi Kayan plants start commercial operations
Riyadh, October 1, 2011
Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company, a unit of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), said it is starting commercial operations at most of its plants on Saturday.
Saudi Kayan has an annual production capacity of over 4 million tonnes of petrochemical and chemical products including aminoethanols, aminomethyls, dimethylformamide, choline chloride, dimethylethanol.
'Kayan announces the start of commercial operations at most of the company's plants in Jubail Industrial City starting from Saturday,' the company said in a statement on the bourse website.
On Saturday, the company started production at its polypropylene plant with an annual capacity of 350,000 tonnes, its 400,000-tonne polyethylene plant, its 260,000-tonne per year polycarbonate plant its 566,000-tonne ethylene glycol plant, the statement said.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially
- Saudi oil exports plunge in March
- Kuwait replaces top oil sector officials
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future