Foster Wheeler JV signs Qatargas deal
Zug, Switzwerland, November 15, 2011
Global Engineering and Construction (E&C) Group, a subsidiary of Foster Wheeler, and its joint venture partner Qatar Kentz have signed an engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCm) framework agreement with Qatargas Operating Company (Qatargas).
The agreement covers projects associated with the existing Qatargas LNG facility at Ras Laffan Industrial City and will include both onshore and offshore work.
The agreement will be for three years with an option to extend for a further two years. The booking values for the projects will be recorded as individual service orders are received.
Qatargas plans to issue invitations to its framework contractors to bid for specific packages of work, which packages may include pre-front end engineering design (pre-Feed), Feed and EPCm services.
“Our joint venture’s combined strengths, Foster Wheeler’s upstream and LNG expertise, and project execution track record, and Qatar Kentz’ local presence, position us very strongly to deliver a full range of high, quality services for Qatargas at its Ras Laffan LNG facility,” said Umberto della Sala, chief operating officer, Foster Wheeler AG.
“This is a further example of our focus on delivering a complete, local service to our clients, which objective is a key element of our Global E&C Group’s Strategic Renewal Initiative.”
Foster Wheeler is a global engineering and construction contractor and power equipment supplier delivering technically advanced, reliable facilities and equipment. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Kuwait replaces top oil sector officials
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman
- Qatar Petroleum unit rebranded as Alwaseeta
- QPI plans to extend Centrica deal in N. America