Lube base oil plant set to be launched
Manama, November 29, 2011
His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa will patronise the launch of the Lube Base Oil plant, a first of its kind eco-friendly project in the region, in Bahrain today.
More than 350 financiers, business people and VIPs are expected to attend the event.
The project has been developed by the National Oil and Gas Authority - represented by Bapco and the Oil and Gas Holding Company - and the Finnish Nesti Oil Corporation.
The Public Commission for the Protection of Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife was consulted on its environmental impact to avoid any negative effect, Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza said.
He said Bahraini contractors employed more than 200 citizens to implement the project and 14 Bahraini technicians were trained to operate it.
"We scored 10 million work hours free from any injuries which may lead to squandering of valuable time during implementation of the project," he said.
The project reflects Bahrain's commitment to expanding its world-class, high-tech, high-quality industrial oil production, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday