OMV in Abu Dhabi upstream deal
Abu Dhabi, June 21, 2012
Austrian energy group OMV has signed its first upstream joint venture in Abu Dhabi, agreeing to drill up to three appraisal wells for sour gas and condensate together with BASF's Wintershall.
OMV said in a statement on Thursday that Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) would participate in the development and production phase of the field in Shuwaihat, in western Abu Dhabi, should the appraisal be successful.
'The signing of our first upstream joint venture in Abu Dhabi underlines our exploration and production strategy in the Middle East and strengthens relations with the United Arab Emirates and Adnoc,' said OMV chief executive Gerhard Roiss. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Oil prices set for biggest weekly loss
- Egypt to issue smart cards to fuel stations
- Oil hits three-week low
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- Technip wins Adma-Opco contract
- Brent weakens towards $102
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity