Bahrain highlights energy sector success
Manama, June 5, 2013
The success of Bahrain's oil and gas sector has been highlighted in the National Oil and Gas Authority's (Noga) annual report for 2012 which was released yesterday.
The report includes all the activities and achievements of the authority during 2012, reflecting the key role played by the oil and gas sector in the kingdom.
Marking the occasion, Finance Minister and Minister in charge of Oil and Gas Affairs Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa said that 2012 was characterised with the continuous success of the kingdom in hosting the major international oil activities, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
This included the Middle East 10th Geosciences Conference and Exhibition (GEO 2012) and the eighth Middle East Refining and Petrochemicals Conference and Exhibition (Petrotech 2012).
A series of meetings with senior executives of international companies was also held to exchange experiences and to be briefed on the latest techniques used in the field of exploration, drilling and oil production, Shaikh Ahmed said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project