Alstom wins Shuqaiq plant contract
Jeddah, September 17, 2013
Alstom, a French energy solutions and transport company, has been awarded a contract to supply steam turbine generators for the Shuqaiq project in Saudi Arabia.
The $227 million contract to supply four 720 MW steam turbine generator sets was given by lead contractor Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI). The Shuqaiq plant is due to enter commercial operation in 2017.
Alstom's contract includes the engineering, manufacturing, supply and field services for all four steam turbines and generators, and will also include all direct control and auxiliary systems.
The 2,650 MW power plant will be located on the kingdom’s western Red Sea coast and will help Saudi Arabia expand generation base while minimising environmental impact. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014