SanDisk unveils new MP3 player
Dubai, March 13, 2008
SanDisk Corporation, a leading seller of MP3 players, has unveiled the multi-faceted Sansa Fuze MP3 player.
The stylish music player is loaded with capabilities and features to keep consumers well entertained while on the go. Not only is it easy on the eye, it’s easy on the pocketbook, said an official spokesman.
With availability planned for April in Europe, Middle East and Africa, the Sansa Fuze player comes in SanDisk’s classic black and capacities (2, 4 and 8 gigabyte1 (GB)) with an expected starting price of only €79.99 ($123.27) MSRP.
In addition to playing music, video, photos, FM radio and audiobooks, the thin Sansa Fuze is packed with extras, including a microSD card slot to add and transport content with ease; a voice recorder to capture thoughts on the fly, and a bright, 1.9”color screen that allows users to easily navigate their music or watch videos in landscape mode.
“The Sansa Fuze is an eye-catching player that consumers will enjoy for its looks, capabilities and incredible value,” said vice-president of product marketing for Sansa, SanDisk’s audio/video product line Eric Bone.
“This new MP3 player combines some of the best features found on other Sansa products, including superb sound quality. It’s yet another strong offering by SanDisk in the sub-€150 music player market.”
A distinguishing feature of the Sansa Fuze player is its microSD card slot. This memory slot provides consumers with the ability to not only expand the player’s storage capacity - providing ample space for thousands of additional songs, hours of video and numerous photos - but also to quickly add content onto their device and manage content libraries (i.e. albums) on separate microSD cards.
Moreover, by using a SanDisk microSD card, users can easily transfer their music and other content from their Sansa MP3 player to their mobile phone, or even their PC.
The Sansa Fuze MP3 player gives users access to subscription download services from numerous sources, including Napster, eMusic and others. In addition, it supports playback of a wide range of popular music formats such as MP3, WAV, Audible (for audio books) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) in both unprotected and protected files. Sansa Fuze supports MPEG-4 video and JPEG photos.
Its internal rechargeable battery will play up to 24 hours of audio and five hours of video between charges.2 The MP3 player works with computers running Windows XP or Windows Vista. It also works with Mac and Linux operating systems (under MSC mode).
The Sansa Fuze player is expected to be available in EMEA stores in April. The music player comes in a 2GB capacity (holds 500 MP3 songs3) with an MSRP of €79.99, 4GB (1,000 MP3 songs) for €99.99 and 8GB (2,000 MP3 songs) for €129.99. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store