Samsung unveils new monitors
Dubai, April 20, 2008
Samsung Electronics has unveiled its new widescreen monitor 2493HM and 2693HM for the first time in the region.
“With this new series of monitors, Samsung is positioning itself as the industry leader in large wide screens with high resolution that can support all type of multimedia applications,” said Samsung Gulf Electronics general manager for IT division Madhav Narayan.
The new monitors feature an ultra high resolution of 1920x1200 offering sharp and vivid images. The high resolution is perfect for CAD-CAM, graphic design, Music/Video editing, Desktop publishing and medical pre-reading. They also have a 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for the 2493HM and 3000:1 for the 2693HM, the company said in a statement.
The new 24’’ and the 26’’ monitor support a digital visual interface that delivers video images with high resolution and essentially perfect quality. In addition, users can enjoy content with the DVI interface (HDCP supported), it added.
The new series of monitors have a height adjustable stand of 100mm in a simple commercialised design with flexible tilt and swivel. The monitors can be adjusted smoothly without any effort.
The 2493HM and the 2693HM are certified for Windows Vista premium monitors. They are also equipped with a DFS system (Down Falling Speaker System) delivering vivid and clear sound that can be heard clearly without headphones.
The two monitors also feature the Magic Bright 3 that provides optimal combination setting for the various contents for user working environment. With one click, the user can control OSD (On-screen display) easily.
The monitors have a fast response time of 5ms (BTW) that ensures stable viewing of moving pictures. The 2493HM and the 2693HM are ideal for multimedia-driven applications, gaming, animation or for general users viewing movies over the World Wide Web.
The monitors adopt the DPMS (Display Power Management Signaling) that consumes less than 1.5W in stand-by mode. It controls the power supply after automatically checking the monitor condition, allowing a dramatic reduction in power consumption. The monitors also feature a mechanical Power-Off switch and include a wall-mount compatible design providing maximum functionality and flexibility. Their detachable stand provide wall or arm mounting option, the company said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ