Ibn Battuta to sponsor DSS
Dubai, May 13, 2008
Nakheel Retail Shopping Mall's Ibn Battuta Mall will be the key sponsor of the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) 2008, with a number of family centric activities and summer-themed celebrations planned around the mall from June 23 to August 31.
“Ibn Battuta Mall is delighted to partner with DSS again this year and in keeping with the theme of family and fun, our retailers have a series of fantastic sales and promotions to further entice our visitors throughout summer," said Sandy Mercer, head of marketing, Nakheel Shopping Malls said.
Ibn Battuta Mall’s Megaplex and only IMAX in the UAE will also be offering special summer movie surprises throughout DSS, Mercer noted.
DSS is Dubai’s premier summer event and integrates children’s activities with a shopping extravaganza.
Having celebrated 10 years in 2007, DSS has evolved into Dubai’s summer counterpart to the Dubai Shopping Festival, attracting visitors from all over the world and escalating Dubai’s reputation as a popular tourist destination.
"Ibn Battuta Mall has been a key sponsor of DSS for four years and is proud to sponsor such an event which further highlights Dubai as a tourism and shopping destination to the world," he added.
Ibn Battuta Mall is a unique shopping destination, which is themed around the travels of the legendary 14th century Arabian explorer, Ibn Battuta.
The spacious Mall offers a charming mix of shopping and adventure, covering an area of 1.2 million sq ft of specialty shops, restaurants, a hypermaket and a cinema megaplex featuring the UAE’s first IMAX theatre making it the ultimate destination for shoppers this DSS.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store