Amex loyalty programme supports charities
Manama, September 2, 2008
American Express Middle East (AEME), unveiled its loyalty programme, Membership Rewards, which allows cardmembers to donate their points to internationally recognised charities including Unicef, Save the Children, and Red Crescent Society (Bahrain).
Membership Rewards allows enrolled cardmembers to earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every $1 they spend using their Amex card.
The points are redeemable in a wide selection of reward categories such as charitable contributions, travel, dining and entertainment, shopping, and financial services including payment of annual card fees.
“The gift of giving is always a very special one. With the onset of Ramadan and other upcoming festivities, American Express is happy to enable their Cardmembers to support charities by simply donating their Membership Rewards points to AEME charity partners. Their points can change lives,” said Premal Patel, senior director – Marketing, American Express Mena.
'For every 1,000 Membership Rewards points donation, American Express will pay $5 directly to the Cardmembers charity of choice. For instance, $100 can buy 200 fruit tree seedlings to help a village that has lost its crop. $100 can also buy 50 chickens, which will produce eggs and help fight hunger,' said Hamad Hassani, Membership Rewards manager, Amex Mena.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE