Aura launches eco-friendly lamp
Dubai, October 13, 2008
Cavotec ME, the exclusive distributor of Aura Light International, will launch the world’s first energy-saving fluorescent lamp in Long Life version, for the first time in the region.
The Eco Saver fluorescent lamp from Aura Light, a leader in Long Life lighting technology, uses up to 12 per cent less energy than a standard fluorescent lamp, said a statement.
The newly developed linear fluorescent lamp is mainly used in office environments, shops, public buildings, hospitals, car parks and schools.
They have a life time of up to 60,000 hours, which, in a normal office environment, should last approximately 13 years, which is three times longer than a standard product.
Aura Eco Saver lamps are the first Long Life energy saving lamps, which can use up to 12 per cent less energy than other linear lamps. This means for every 1000 Aura Eco Saver lamps you have you could save approximately Dh21,000 on energy costs during its lifetime and a massive 52,000kg of C02 emissions into the environment.
The value for the customers is substantial both in terms of economy and safety. The benefit for our planet is obvious: 67 per cent less light products produced transported and wasted, said an official.
'All energy-conscious people should welcome this development. Aura’s Eco Saver Long Life lights are designed to last at least three times longer than the standard products in the market,' said Thomas Widegren, executive chairman of Cavotec Middle East.
'As energy consumption in the gulf, particularly in the UAE (with the highest consumption of energy per capita in the world) is estimated to increase by 45 per cent in the next three years it is critical to make the changes to more energy efficient technology. Under the current decree on new buildings requiring LEED certification standards this is one way to help achieve and reduce carbon footprint,' stated Nathan Peek, divisional manager-Construction, Power and Lighting, Cavotec Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs