Sony releases hi-tech DSLR
Dubai, November 11, 2008
Sony Gulf FZE has unveiled its latest a900 digital SLR (DSLR), which sports the highest resolution in its class.
It is equipped with a 24.6-megapixel 35mm full-frame size CMOS sensor “Exmor” to take advantage of the superb resolving power of high-precision lenses, said a statement.
The result is not only unprecedented image details, but also a wide dynamic range that enables subtle colour and tonal gradations to be captured just as the human eye perceives them.
Several other features have also been incorporated in the a900 for the first time, apart from the CMOS Sensor, such as SteadyShot Inside and Dual Bionz Image Processing Engines.
The newly developed SteadyShot Inside allows photographers to capture sharp images with shutter speeds up to 2.5 to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible despite the larger and heavier sensor.
Image processing gets a big boost in speed and power with the new dual Bionz image processing engines. The engines work to deliver natural colour reproduction, rich tones, as well as excellent image resolution with minimum noise.
Other notable features of the new DLSR include the D-Range Optimiser, full-size Optical Viewfinder, Intelligent Preview and Creative Style Options.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ