Silver Maestro Sabo opens outlet in Dubai
Dubai, January 15, 2009
Sterling silver maestro Thomas Sabo will open his first stand-alone retail outlet in the Gulf along The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence to mark the 25th anniversary of the brand this year.
The jewel-box of a shop, strikingly outfitted in silver and black, offers several distinct ranges of high-quality sterling designs in the form of charm bracelets, charms, necklaces, earrings, and rings.
The Dubai opening follows stand-alone Thomas Sabo locations on the King’s Road in London as well as in Hong Kong.
Drawing on such diverse sources of inspiration as Asian symbolism, Parisian icons, cool wintry colors and shapes, the mystery of space travel, and motorcycle chic, the new Thomas Sabo store in Dubai offers on-trend pieces for both women and men.
“Thomas Sabo fits a number of needs in the Gulf market – stylish but affordable jewellery for both residents and tourists, pieces that reflect the current fashion season without breaking the bank, and unique gifts that mark specific anniversaries, travels or holiday occasions,” said Nagi Adal, the Lebanese retailer who, with his sister Nour, is bringing the Thomas Sabo brand to the Middle East.
'After introducing Thomas Sabo to the region through a store-in-store concept in Beirut, we found that the focus on quality materials and the design ethos – the ‘fun’ element of Thomas Sabo’s jewellery – really resonated with all different ages and nationalities,' Adal explained.
'We’re ready to offer a stylish, light alternative to the gold, diamonds and pearls that have traditionally dominated the Gulf market and our timing and approach is ideal,' said Adal.
Located just upstairs opposite the Ritz-Carlton, Dubai’s new Thomas Sabo shop is currently stocked with the following six collections.
Rebel at Heart - A unisex, rock-chic and tattoo-influenced series with fine pavé zirconia embellishing winged hearts, skulls, dragons, and Bourbonic lilies.
East Meets West – Art Deco meets Asia in black with a hint of red for evening looks accented with enamel and incorporating the ‘Great Blessing’ symbol.
Ice Babe – icy winter colours and snowflake designs enable shoppers in the Middle East to experience frosty temperatures without leaving the beach.
It-Girl in Paris – a treasure-trove of symbolic charms and pieces evoking Parisian chic, including platform heels, clutch bags, and a mini Eiffel Tower.
Groovy Colours – Checkerboard-cut stones adorn one-off coloured pieces that reflect the wearers’ personality – including olive, red, orange and coffee – for an expressive look.
Take Me Higher – a homage to outer space, the Thomas Sabo signature Space Robot and his companion offer a cheeky trip through the fashion galaxy.
And in the centre of the new Thomas Sabo outlet is the brand’s mouth-watering charm cake, a unique display that offers layers of charms to feed the addictive practice of marking special occasions or moods with a sterling trinket.
“Whether it’s customers who want statement jewels for travel or everyday wear without the expense of real stones, stand-out bridal pieces for the bride and her attendants, or a funky new piece of arm candy to wear out in the evening, Thomas Sabo offers something for many different lifestyles and tastes, reflecting the diversity of jewellery-lovers in the Gulf,” Adal said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector