Top brands sign up for clothing expo
Dubai, February 19, 2009
Organiser of clothing and accessories exhibition Motexha 2009, IIR Middle East, is reporting a record level of pre-registration for the show from well known international brands.
Motexha 2009, Middle East's largest garments, textiles, leather and fashion accessories trade show, will run at Dubai International Exhibition Centre from April 7 to 9.
“In the current climate there is a strong emphasis on value for money among major regional fashion outlets which intend using Motexha as a major buying opportunity on their doorstep rather than mount costly untargeted buying trips to Asia and Europe,' said Jim Meltz, show manager.
'The face of the international clothing industry is changing in the new economic climate' he added. 'It will be the suppliers who can break into a tougher market with quality at the right price that will succeed.
'However, for some exporting countries in the textile and clothing industry it must feel like they are a punching bag lately. The industries of both China and Turkey are being battered by the global economic turmoil. In China, for example, the world's largest producer of textiles, government authorities say only a third of small businesses in the sector remained in profit last year.
“However, the world’s fashion and textile giants – both old and new - can’t afford to ignore a regional market already still worth in excess of $12 billion,” he added.
China and Turkey have both been pillars of the Motexha show but this year countries such as Italy, Thailand, Indonesia and India might book more total exhibition, according to IIR Middle East. Thailand is planning its biggest ever pavilion at Motexha and Italy will be mounting its biggest participation with two separate pavilions. Indonesia is upping its presence and Hong Kong will have its biggest pavilion in four years. New countries this year include Vietnam and Greece.
The list of participating countries so far confirmed for Motexha 2009 are: the United Arab Emirates, China, Canada, Portugal, Ecuador, Qatar, Turkey, Hong Kong, Italy, USA, Germany, Brazil, Greece, Philippines, Australia, India, Poland, Thailand, Russia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Belgium, Malaysia, Croatia and South Korea.
A new addition for 2009 at Motexha is the lingerie and swimwear zone which aims to introduce major brands to the Middle East market, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector