Mall unveils children’s festival
Dubai, April 21, 2009
The Dubai Mall will feature a weekend children’s festival designed to be a total family attraction.
The two-day children’s festival will be held at the mall’s waterfront promenade on April 24 and 25, from 3 pm to 9 pm.
Featuring entertainers including jugglers, clowns, face painters and stilt walkers as well as game stalls, pony rides and children’s movies, the festive event further establishes the mall as the must-visit destination for families in the city.
The event is supported by Emaar Education, a premier education provider, as part of its commitment to strengthen interaction with children and parents, and will feature an array of stalls, including food and beverage stands.
Apart from various activities tailored for children, special kids’ movies will be telecast on the large multimedia screens located at the Atrium of the mall. There will be special previews of KidZania, a unique edu-tainment concept for children and Sega Republic, an indoor themed park, among the leisure attractions.
Yousif Al Ali, general manager, Dubai Mall, said: “As one of the world’s largest family shopping and entertainment destinations, Dubai Mall is continuously looking for new and exciting ways to attract families to this top-class destination.
“The children’s festival will be an added complement to the successful leisure attractions of the mall such as Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Ice Rink and the Waterfall.”
He added that in the coming months, the mall will unveil newer leisure concepts for children including KidZania, Sega Republic and Reel Cinemas, the 22-screen cineplex.
“Lifestyle and leisure events are a strong draw for families and this festival will bring more life and activity to Dubai Mall and the waterfront promenade strengthening footfall and encouraging further sales for our retailers.”
The festival will run parallel to International Village, a two-week cultural and retail festival at Emaar Boulevard, will further boost the lifestyle appeal of Downtown Burj Dubai, regarded as the new heart of the city. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ