Rado expands Mideast reach
Dubai, June 29, 2009
Rado, the renowned Swiss watch maker, has broadened its presence in the region by making its watches available across the UAE at Rivoli stores of the Rivoli Group, a leading importer and retailer of luxury brands.
Established in 1917, Rado differs from some of the more traditional Swiss watchmakers in that it often uses unconventional high tech materials and designs.
Focused research in materials science and the innovative application of technology have enabled Rado to create incomparable high-tech materials giving every Rado watch a unique character and value.
Rado has pioneered the use of number of materials unique to watch making, like hardmetal (tungsten and titanium carbide), ceramics, lanthanum and sapphire crystal.
In 1962 Rado launched the world’s first scratch-free watch, which is in production till date, sold as the Diastar Original. In 2004 Rado once again created history in the watch world with the iconic V10K; a watch with a coating of high tech diamnicond, making it the hardest watch on earth.
Other than the materials used in a Rado, the watch brand is also reputed for its distinct designs. Over the years, the different models of Rado have received more than 20 international design awards, varying from the Red Dot award to the If design award. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- MAF to develop $466m super mall in Muscat
- Samsung to unveil 105-inch curved UHD TV
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers