Damas launches new Sarcar watches
Dubai, August 23, 2009
Damas, the leading international jewellery retailer in the region, has launched the new models of Sarcar brand of watches, known for their technical expertise and beauty.
"The leading idea of Carlo Sarzano was already what they called ‘big enough to be strong yet small enough to be free’,” said Tawhid Abdullah, Managing Director of Damas.
“The brand produces limited and numbered pieces every year. The top quality of the production is comparable with that of the diamonds used in the setting of different parts of the watches,” he added.
“Extremely strict controls are carried out through every stage of the production. Thus the brand is known to offer something really different: which is one of its sales arguments and we are proud to bring them to Dubai."
The Sarcar brand, established in 1948 in Geneva is the outcome of its creative founder Carlo Sarzano who had worked for several prestigious Swiss brands before striking out on his own.
He was developing his first collection, piece by piece. Guided by a keen sense of aesthetics, Carlo started to conceive jewellery watches which, although naturally functional, were above all distinguished by their beauty and exclusivity. Sarcar watches are produced in an old Genevese house on the outskirts of the town.
Maya Koenig, managing director of the brand, said: "This is a perfect reason for us to stay small because that’s how we ensure our exclusivity and focus. At Sarcar, our mission is to create dreams for the most unique and most beautiful timepieces you will ever wish to possess and we then let you bring such dreams to reality." - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain