Fortis joins VW Design to launch new watch
Dubai, February 14, 2010
Fortis, the manufacturers of contemporary high-end Swiss watches, is set to unveil its latest watch in conjunction with Volkswagen Design, at the Doha Jewellery & Watches Exhibition.
The limited edition watch features design elements reflecting the influence of the future of automation, including its new style ergonomic bracelet, designed especially for the VW Spaceleader Chronograph and the aesthetic watch-face, formed with an anti-reflective and scratch resistant sapphire crystal to ensure excellent legibility and durability, said a statement.
The VW Spaceleader Chronograph will be launched at the Doha Jewellery & Watches Exhibition, to be held from February 16 to 21, and will subsequently be available throughout the Fortis worldwide retail network, including the UAE.
The watch was named in the spirit of Fortis’ continued collaboration with the space industry since the 1970s and was awarded the prestigious iF product design award 2010 in Hanover, Germany.
“Fortis has been present in Qatar for a number of years now and this launch signals our commitment to grow and develop the brand not only in Qatar, but throughout the entire region,” said Max Peter, Fortis watches.
Fortis was founded in 1912 and has a long and pioneering tradition, including being the first watch factory in the world to produce automatic wrist watches.
Today, Fortis watches are worn by different civil and military aviation squadrons and since 1994 has been part of the official equipment for space missions and on board the International Space Station (ISS), he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector