Zhu Zhu Pets launched in UAE
Dubai, February 16, 2010
Toys “R” Us, the market leading toy retailer, has announced the exclusive launch of the Zhu Zhu Pets in the UAE.
The Al-Futtaim Group company has been at the forefront in launching some of the world’s hottest toys in the UAE.
“Zhu Zhu Pets hamsters are truly unlike anything on the market. They’re completely interactive, as if they have a mind of their own,” said Wayne Cohen, general manager – Toys “R” Us.
“We are extremely proud to be the exclusive retailer for the launch of the Zhu Zhu Pets™ in the UAE and are confident kids in the UAE will simply fall in love with these cute hamsters.”
Zhu Zhu Pets are available as four unique characters, Nugget, Scoodles, Winkie and Jilly. In addition to the four hamsters, multiple Zhu Zhu Pets accessories are also available for purchase, allowing kids to collect and connect them all to create their own customised hamster habitats.
Zhu Zhu Pets accessories include: Hamster funhouse, Hamster wheel, Hamster-car and garage, slide with ramp, Adventure ball, Surfboard and wagon, Skateboard and U-turn, Pet bed and blanket and Pet carrier and blanket.
These hamsters have over 40 different sound effects, depending on the unique environment they encounter.
Zhu Zhu Pets drive around in little cars, zip up ramps and spin down slides, run in their hamster wheels, and get into all sorts of crazy situations. Their artificial intelligence even allows them to know what room of their hamster habitat they are in. They make toilet-flushing or teeth brushing sounds when they enter the bathroom and sleeping noises and alarm-clock sounds when they go into their bedroom, said a statement.
As part of the launch, the Toys “R” Us website will host an exciting competition for kids with 10 Zhu Zhu pets hamsters to be won.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store